Holidays, hot weather and the meaning of life...
These past few weeks have been a blast. Since Second Valley I've spent a fair bit of time catching up with people, especially the guys who won't be at college this year cos they've finished their degrees.
Normally I'd probably not go to social gatherings, for financial or other reasons. But this summer I've tried to find a way to get to most things. It's been great so far, and the time spent with people has been well worth it. Lots of great late night talks, swimming, fish and chips, watching movies. And I've started getting stuff done off of my 'to do' list- mainly planning for a certain wedding, and getting ready for college to go back (albeit reluctantly).
It's been really rewarding to be spending time with people, wherever it be. I'd like to keep that ball rolling this year. I reckon sometimes we don't make enough time to spend with people, to share in what's happening in their lives and support each other. too often we're just trying to get things done. We ask people how they are going and don't bother to hear the answer... perhaps if we really took the time to listen and care, life would have a bit more meaning and depth?
Normally I'd probably not go to social gatherings, for financial or other reasons. But this summer I've tried to find a way to get to most things. It's been great so far, and the time spent with people has been well worth it. Lots of great late night talks, swimming, fish and chips, watching movies. And I've started getting stuff done off of my 'to do' list- mainly planning for a certain wedding, and getting ready for college to go back (albeit reluctantly).
It's been really rewarding to be spending time with people, wherever it be. I'd like to keep that ball rolling this year. I reckon sometimes we don't make enough time to spend with people, to share in what's happening in their lives and support each other. too often we're just trying to get things done. We ask people how they are going and don't bother to hear the answer... perhaps if we really took the time to listen and care, life would have a bit more meaning and depth?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home