Making Indecisions

A little about me. If you're reading this blog you probably already know who I am and some of what I do. I've decided to create this as a means of expressing some of the strange dreams, thoughts and aspirations that run through my head from time to time...

Thursday, December 14, 2006

For those who still read...

I thought for those who are still reading this blog, I owe you a bit of a catch up.

I have finished ALL my papers, pracs and other things for the year. I am still waiting for my assessments to be returned, although some I have had back are a bit disappointing. Hopefully the score will improve with the majors that are as yet unmarked.

I served only three days service on the Classic Adelaide Rally this year, instead of my usual four. It turned out to be plenty. It was great fun closing off public roads, being official, watching cars race and of course reconnecting with that whole community of motorsport nuts. I am finding that my regular service is being rewarded with people actually remembering my name and stuff like that, which I am enjoying.


A week after that I went on my church's team to Encounter Schoolies. It was an incredible few days. I really can't find words to describe how special it was, and how much I enjoyed being able to just provide for the schoolies, whether it be food or tent pegs or a helping hand- whatever was needed. The Schoolies at our caravan park were sooo friendly, and actually seemed to enjoy hanging out with us. It was an awesome thing, and I really hope the connections we have made will continue. We're getting together with some of them this saturday so that will be cool.

Since then I have lived down south for a bit, and enjoyed it thoroughly, despite being fairly unwell for much of the time. I am back home now, trying to balance my books, sell a few things, fix a few things, help prepare for some weddings (there's a lot of those coming up!) and do whatever else comes up. I hope to find some time to just spend with myself and God; some meaningful time, not just sitting around at home.

I also hope my eye recovers quickly. I managed to get a small piece of metal lodged in my left eye at high velocity earlier in the week. It was so small that it didn't become irritated until it began to rust. I've decided now that, while pirates are certainly 'in' this season, having one eye permanently patched is really UNcool. It's downright uncomfortable. I get to take the patch off in the morning. Hope it's mostly healed by then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home