Making Indecisions

A little about me. If you're reading this blog you probably already know who I am and some of what I do. I've decided to create this as a means of expressing some of the strange dreams, thoughts and aspirations that run through my head from time to time...

Friday, January 05, 2007

A good start to the New Year...

Well, I've just made it back from a week in Second Valley. Gotta say it was fantastic! A whole bunch of us spent New Year's there, camping in the caravan park.

It was great to go camping again. It was also great to hang out with a whole bunch of friends and go walking, climbing, swimming, snorkelling, cliff-jumping and more. Normally I get really annoyed at these sorts of camps because of all the group dynamics and the lack of private space. This time I found it pretty easy going, although I admit I was curious about some of the interactions between people- humanity is such a strange thing to observe!

I still found that the best times over the weekend were those spent with only a couple of people. Catching up with Nomis for an hour was great, as was jumping in my car with Bean and singing our lungs out to one of my eclectic mix CDs. My favourite part of the trip was probably trying to climb our way across the cliffs towards Wirrina Cove. I was surprised how far we made it, and that no-one piked when the path became challenging. It would have been quite fair for anyone in our group to have turned back. I'm still a little disappointed it wasn't possible to get all the way to the Cove. Next time...

To top off that fantastic week, I spent last night at Henley Beach with friends, having fish and chips, playing guitar and swimming. The water was about 20 degrees, which is pretty darn warm for Adelaide! It wasn't cold. It wasn't even refreshingly cool- but it was very pleasant and Dart and I ended up spending quite a few hours swimming and throwing the ball with the rest of the group on the beach...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey oh yeah, Second Valley was sweet. Kinda sad it ended so quick. Particularly as the whole next week I spent lying in a hospital bed. No I didn't injure myself at second valley (though I have to watch out for those trees next time) it was all for a short film I was in.

But yeah, I agree on your enjoyment of getting out and about getting up to adventures where ever we could find. Always nice hanging out with great mates.

Were a couple of good times with plenty of laughs too, namely the evening spent in the cooking tent, kicked off by Nick, Toby and yours truely. And also the few hours spent around dinner before heading off to the pub new years.. That was a good time, those sausage people were funny as, well led there by Megs

I must say, there was a little strangeness this time, It was strange how quiet Mark was the whole time. You usually can't keep him quiet.

8 Jan 2007, 9:33:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick says he reads the blog, but doesn't comment..... How boring is that. Lift your game son.

Goes for the rest of you too

15 Jan 2007, 10:56:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon,

Come on guys!!!

15 Jan 2007, 6:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home