Making Indecisions

A little about me. If you're reading this blog you probably already know who I am and some of what I do. I've decided to create this as a means of expressing some of the strange dreams, thoughts and aspirations that run through my head from time to time...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Let your passion show

On the weekend I took the outrageous step of visiting a church other than my home church. It was great fun and good for me to get out into a different group for a night.

I was observing all that was going on around me, and amongst other things, my attention was drawn to the group of singers on stage. Some were obviously new to the stage and were a bit reserved. Others were following along but not really into it. There was another group that were clearly in a place of worship. The words to the songs obviously meant something to them, because you could see their reactions to the words, not just the tempo or volume.

I became aware of how encouraging this was to me as an anonymous worshipper. It was not that my worship was dependent on the stage atmosphere, and it might even be true that at times I was distracted by such a large group of singers and musicians. But when I was in a place of worship, it was definitely enhanced by the feeling that those around me and those leading the service were also worshipping genuinely.

Of course the responsibility is always with the individual to choose to connect with God. What was interesting to me was to observe how much it helped to feel surrounded by worship. So I guess this is an encouragement to y'all- Let your passion show. Let your worship shine like a light on a stand. It's not just a wonderful thing between you and God, it might also be the encouragement another person needs to be able to do the same...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definetly Toby! I encourage everyne too. When I was 13 I decided not too believe in God. Then I went to a Teens Camp and SAW theis girl REALLY WORSHIPPING God! And it made me think - mabye there is a God after all......So you never really know what impact your worship is having on others.

25 Oct 2006, 6:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home