Making Indecisions

A little about me. If you're reading this blog you probably already know who I am and some of what I do. I've decided to create this as a means of expressing some of the strange dreams, thoughts and aspirations that run through my head from time to time...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

From poor to broke...

This kinda sucks. Scratch that, it really sucks.

Last night i was thinking that some more money would be good. I'd love to be able to afford the weddings that are coming up. I'd also really like to get a new muffler for my car. Maybe I'd get less dizzy driving that way, plus I'd get a whole lot more economy out of the car.

On the way home from small group last night I made the unpleasant discovery that my clutch is giving out. Not just slipping a little out of first gear. I mean sliding in every gear. I can still make the car move, and it works alright when cold. But after a short drive (like to the end of the street) it won't hold any gear properly.

Worse still, I can't afford the clutch or the labour to have it replaced. If I can raise the cash to buy the parts I can do it myself, sort of. I'm dreading the idea of doing a clutch in a front wheel drive.
I really don't know what to do...



Postscript 29/4/07:
This is a photo taken about half way through the operation, with the gearbox on the ground. There were a few complications, not the least of which was getting the gearbox back on (God helped with that too)! Note the angle grinder amongst the tools at the bottom of the photo - yes, I had to use it...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh well. god will provide.
at least our not homeless
stop winging

31 Jan 2007, 7:13:00 pm  
Blogger T said...

Thanks for the advice- offered in love I trust.

I am very grateful for the roof over my head and the many advantages I enjoy simply because of my country of birth. That doesn't mean that times are never tough. Have you never experienced any kind of difficulty yourself?

2 Feb 2007, 10:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh course ive experienced difficulty and seen a lot of hardship in other peoples lives also. this world is not always a nice place. But winging never helped anyone...either make some changes and do something about it, or sit back and wait for Gods miracles. either way its not Godly to winge... and ive had many people tell me of for doing it, its not an attractive quality.....or a God fearing quality.
i know homeless people who winge and complain less than you and I.... which is something that has challenged me a lot; so i notice it in others.....

i only say it coz i don't think you should settle for being less of a person than you are meant to be... and you are a great person so why not become even better..........

5 Feb 2007, 3:11:00 pm  
Blogger T said...

Thanks Allie, I value your comments all the more for knowing who it's coming from. I appreciate your boldness and honesty. Thanks for challenging me :)

6 Feb 2007, 7:37:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toby, i also appreciate your honesty with letting us know what's really going on in your life. I realise that you probably wrote this while pretty upset and confused, and rightly so.
Life is hard, and we need to share it with each other so we can pray for each other, and in turn praise God when we see him come through for you.
In this way carry each others burdens and you will fulfill the law of christ. (nicks paraphrase- dont have bible here-in english)
Cheers bro...

Post more

Nick

19 Feb 2007, 4:42:00 pm  
Blogger T said...

Thanks Nickers. Yeah, I wasn't having fun when I wrote that entry.

With the first blog I had, I didn't include any of my troubles, or anything too personal. It was a very short blog! So when I started this one, I committed myself to being open and honest, whatever that looked like. Sometimes it won't look very endearing.

Praise God for faithful friends. Praise God that I have people around me who will pray for me. Praise God that He provided for my situation in a whole range of ways, and that He used my friends to do it.

19 Feb 2007, 6:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen bro
Praise God

20 Feb 2007, 5:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home