Making Indecisions

A little about me. If you're reading this blog you probably already know who I am and some of what I do. I've decided to create this as a means of expressing some of the strange dreams, thoughts and aspirations that run through my head from time to time...

Monday, September 04, 2006

Health Kick

It's that time of year again. In the endless search for things to do that are more fun than homework I've found myself back on the bicycle. Not only that, but getting up earlier, making myself have breakfast and other crazy things like that. (God has helped by waking me up nice and early most mornings. He must know how unfit I am.)

This morning's ride was good. Up to the Belair triangle and back. It's only about 8km, but it has some uphill as well as some fast road sections coming back. That and it's downhill most of the way home! It's been nearly twelve months since I last took the bike out of the shed, which is pathetic, especially considering how much fun I used to have riding to the National Park and back.

Now I'm wondering this... Why does it seem so hard to do things that are good for us? Why is it so easy to make excuses? To pull out a movie or chat to someone online, when I know I will feel so much better after a good ride? I find it frustrating that when I make a decision to ride, it only seems to last for a few weeks... Hold me accountable if you like. Next time you see me ask me when the last time I went for a ride was. I'm curious to know if that will motivate me...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll hold you to it :)

4 Sept 2006, 6:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I just joined back up with the gym after a year in the excercise wilderness, my aim was for the magic 3 times a week, so far in the last 3 weeks of being a member I have averaged '1' time a week... when will I ever learn! Good on you for doing the bike thing, and even if it doesn't last, enjoy it while it does!! Mel

5 Sept 2006, 7:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ride like your life depends on it Toby! Too many years pass too quickly. I have had my greatest time talking to God both walking and riding, and wow Belair national park how good is that! Don't waste time!

6 Sept 2006, 8:00:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go for a run everymorning, and then get out of bed. Hehe

8 Sept 2006, 2:11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. i find it hard to motivate myself to excercise. but if i have someone there to hold me accountable or to bring out my very competative nature it doent seem like work. team sports really help me with that. also i find that striving for a set goal with results you can achieve helps. mel, your goal of going to the gym 3 times a week isnt a bad start, however if you changed your goal slightly it may benifite you more. ie. i want to be able to run the city to bay in a certain time, or lose a little bit of weight, or get a nice ripped bod for toby... :)

8 Sept 2006, 2:15:00 pm  
Blogger T said...

Um, Baz... she's happily married...

I bet you worked that out just after you wrote this, huh? :)

8 Sept 2006, 2:20:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well mate, now with the warmer weather, I could probably join in with you at times as I finally got some new brakes for my bike. And the National Park would be a great place to go for a ride, seeing we both live so close to it.

11 Sept 2006, 11:59:00 am  
Blogger T said...

Sounds like a plan. Actually I'm hoping to sell my bike off and get something a bit different soon. Mine has front and rear shocks, which is great offroad but hopeless on bitumen. If anyone knows of someone getting rid of a hybrid bike for a good price, let me know!

11 Sept 2006, 10:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home