Making Indecisions
A little about me. If you're reading this blog you probably already know who I am and some of what I do. I've decided to create this as a means of expressing some of the strange dreams, thoughts and aspirations that run through my head from time to time...
9 Comments:
i think it does work. all things are seen how people want or choose to see them.
So True...
We choose to sin, to live a part from God.
But in Christ we are perfect, righteous beings. Faultless in God's eyes.
Did i understand it???
Yep, I think you've got it. I realised that I was looking at myself as sinful and sub-standard, then realised that this is not what God has created. That in fact this body and soul is a great work of His creation, made in His image. I only need to choose to use it that way..
im wondering what classifies as sinful these days? what would promote such a comment from a person with obvious moral standings?
Hi Anon, I'm not sure I understand your question?
What would make you sinful? What actions or thoughts lead you to write such a comment?
I guess a definition of sin for the purpose of this comment is 'missing the mark', ie falling short of what God calls us to be and do. The comment wasn't inspired by any particular sinful action, more from the contemplation of what potential exists within us, both for good and bad.
Good thought provoking statement. I probably view that a little different. I know we can do sinful things, choices we make that go against God's word, maybe even not addressing character floors that are apart from the fruits of the Spirit? However, the sin inherited is not a choice we make is it? Is the statement also saying, the more we sin the more righteous we are? Or the greater the act of sin ie; murder vs a little white lie, the more we understand God's grace? My understanding is that Jesus has paid the price for all sin no matter what level of sin that may be. That if we confess our sinfulness, believe that he is the son of God, believe in God's forgiveness / resurrection and take action in following Jesus', that God has made us right with Him.
Thanks for your input Glenn, I'm glad it got you thinking. i don't disagree with anything you've said. In fact you've put it pretty well. I think the statement I made was a personal reflection more than a theological absolute. I'm still exploring what I meant too, and I think I was finding it easy to see my weaknesses, and my ability to give in to sinful desires, and I came to a place where I realised that, with God, I was also capable of a huge amount of good- much more than just avoiding sinfulness.
Post a Comment
<< Home