If I told you to jump off a cliff
...Would you?
Well, that's what some friends and I have been doing lately. I've been lucky enough to be down at Second Valley three times since Christmas. I've also had the chance to show this fantastic spot to several people who had naver seen it before, and I finished up by spending a weekend there with some friends who are quite familiar with the place.
I think the only trouble for me was cramming a week's worth of jumping, diving and climbing into a few short days. There's hardly a part of me that isn't cut or bruised. But that just adds to the contentment- the sense that I have made the most of that time.None of the various people jumped from the 18 metre platform this year. To date, Bretty is the only person I know who has done it, although I've watched plenty of strangers plummet. If you want to see him,Craig and Phil jumping, then you'd better get along to my YouTube check it out.
Now, I never really heeded much of the talk about a higher jumping spot existing, although I conceded it might be possible. That was until I had a look around YouTube and found this video. Not only is this jump a whole lot higher than anything I've ever seen someone do, it's also further back into the hill, meaning you have to jump out a fair way. Personally I wouldn't recommend that one, unless you're a professional lunatic. But it does make for good watching... if you can bear to watch!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home