Make a poem into a song..
I wrote this recently. It's a bit wierd. If you want any of it explained, you can ask.
I think it's meant to be a song but I've got no music for it, so if you have any ideas let me know..
Dope me up and cut me deep
It won't be long til I'm asleep
And if I die before I wake
There's nothing more that you can take
Into my shell, there I will hide
I may emerge on the other side
If I don't I'll come back again
Back to this world, back to my pain
I'm living for a higher cause
My hopes and dreams are put on pause
Maybe they're good, part of the plan
But what do they mean in a scheme that's so grand?
Hold me, help me, love me
That's all I ask
Show yourself to the man
Behind this mask
I think it's meant to be a song but I've got no music for it, so if you have any ideas let me know..
Dope me up and cut me deep
It won't be long til I'm asleep
And if I die before I wake
There's nothing more that you can take
Into my shell, there I will hide
I may emerge on the other side
If I don't I'll come back again
Back to this world, back to my pain
I'm living for a higher cause
My hopes and dreams are put on pause
Maybe they're good, part of the plan
But what do they mean in a scheme that's so grand?
Hold me, help me, love me
That's all I ask
Show yourself to the man
Behind this mask
3 Comments:
thats some pretty strong words. yet they all ring true, familiar and strangely comforting also.
can i ask is there something behind it? what was the cause/inspiration?
You certainly can! You may have gathered that it's a bit disjointed. It actually covers three different concepts, and was a summary of all the unresolved things I was processing at the time.
The first verse derives from a feeling that I had become vulnerable in such a way that there was nothing more to expose. It also reflects a situation that caused alot of hurt. The second verse describes an unhealthy coping mechanism (yay for Psych training!) and the third is a reflection on spiritual matters. The 'chorus' as it were reflects the human condition generally (or at least I think so). It describes what I want from God, but also importantly what I want from those around me.
Post a Comment
<< Home